April 19, 2020 Covid-19 Update
Optima Living Communities remain vigilant in our efforts to #FlattenTheCurve. We are incredibly thankful for the compassion and clinical support our care partners provide everyday to our residents.
COVID-19 prevention at all Optima Living residences
All necessary infection control precautions are being taken in each of our residences and offices, including implementing all recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Provincial Medical Health Officers, and the World Health Organization (WHO). Some of these protocols include:
- -Enhanced screening for the virus according to government guidelines for all care partners, essential visitors and residents
- -Limited to essential visitors only at all sites from Independent Living to Long Term Care.
- -Infection control and outbreak plans are in place and ready to activate
- -Enhanced cleaning and sanitation, particularly of high-touch areas, in all communities.
- -Ensuring adequate supplies of personal protective equipment are available in each facility in case of an outbreak
- -Universal masking for care partners all care partners who provide direct or indirect care within 2 meters of a resident wear a surgical mask. This will help us reduce the potential spread of the virus by providing an added layer of protection for care partners and residents alike.
Thank you to our many partners and friends, who are reaching out to our care providers and ensuring their spirits are uplifted and that our residents know that they are being well thought of outside of their community.
Here is a photo taken at our West Vancouver Care Centre community where a bagpiper serenaded our residents and care partners.
We are here to support and connect families
If your loved one needs help with anything, please don’t hesitate to reach out. iPads are available for residents to communicate with friends and families.
We offer places to engage in the community during this time of isolation.
Come join us – Ageing Fearlessly in the era of COVID
WEBINAR – Thursday, April 23. 11 am PST, 12 pm MTN
Aster Gardens is here to help. Join us for our online webinar!
Dr. Adrian Wagg—the Alberta Health Services Chair in Healthy Ageing—will be discussing the best ways to handle these uncertain times, live with confidence, and thrive as a senior.
This webinar will be hosted on Zoom. See our website to learn how to connect, and don’t forget to mark your calendars! Watch our facebook page for thelink.
Be Smart & Keep Apart
Farid Damji | Co-Founder & Principal
Optima Living Communities