April 22th 2020
Optima Living Communities remain vigilant in our efforts to #FlattenTheCurve. We are thankful for the compassion and clinical support our care partners provide everyday to our residents.
COVID-19 prevention at Optima Living Communities
Necessary infection control precautions are being taken in each of our residences and offices, including implementing all recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Provincial Medical Health Officers, and the World Health Organization (WHO). Some of these protocols include:
- Universal masking for care partners: Effective immediately, all care partners who provide direct or indirect care within 2 meters of a resident wear a surgical mask. This will help us reduce the potential spread of the virus by providing an added layer of protection for care partners and residents alike.
- Enhanced screening for the virus: According to government guidelines for all care partners, essential visitors and residents
- Limited to essential visitors only: At all sites from Independent Living to Long Term Care.
- Infection control and outbreak plans are in place and ready to activate
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation, particularly of high-touch areas, in all communities.
- Ensuring adequate supplies of personal protective equipment are available in each facility in case of an outbreak
Generous donation of 5000 face masks
Thank you to SGP who donated these masks! ‘We own and manage over 130 Senior Care residences in Canada and are intimately connected to the industry and have become known as the purchasing network of choice and opportunity, delivering the best quality and value through people, products and technology to the Seniors’ market. We were happy to be able to contribute to your PPE supplies in a small way, to continue to support our longtime Partner, Optima Living. We wish all continued health and safety through these challenging times, said Jason Horne, Senior Director at SGP.
We are here to support and connect families
If your loved one needs help with anything, please don’t hesitate to reach out. iPads are available for residents to communicate with friends and families.
We offer places to engage in the community during this time of isolation.
Come join us – Ageing Fearlessly in the era of COVID
WEBINAR – Thursday, April 30. 11 am PST, 12 pm MTN
Are you, or someone you love, a senior looking to manage living in a world affected by COVID-19? Aster Gardens is here to help. Join us on Thursday, April 30th at 11 am MTN for our online webinar. Dr. Adrian Wagg—the Alberta Health Services Chair in Healthy Ageing—will be discussing the best ways to handle these uncertain times, live with confidence, and thrive as a senior.
Note: All registrants are eligible for a door prize draw.
HOW LONG WILL THE PANDEMIC LAST?
Farid Damji | Co-Founder & Principal
Optima Living Communities