May 3rd, 2020
We are thankful for the compassion and clinical support our care partners provide everyday to our residents. Optima Living Communities remain vigilant in our efforts to #FlattenTheCurve and protect our residents and those who care for them.
COVID-19 Prevention at Optima Living Communities
Infection control precautions are being taken in each of our residences and offices, including implementing all recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Provincial Medical Health Officers, and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Some of these protocols include:
- Universal masking for care partners: Effective immediately, all care partners who provide direct or indirect care within 2 meters of a resident wear a surgical mask. This will help us reduce the potential spread of the virus by providing an added layer of protection for care partners and residents alike.
- Enhanced screening for the virus: According to government guidelines for all care partners, essential visitors and residents.
- Limited to essential visitors only: At all sites from Independent Living to Long Term Care.
- Infection control and outbreak plans are in place and ready to activate.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation, particularly of high-touch areas, in all communities.
- Ensuring adequate supplies of personal protective equipment are available in each facility in case of an outbreak.
We are here to support and connect families
If your loved one needs help with anything, please don’t hesitate to reach out. iPads are available for residents to communicate with friends and families.
As this special day is coming up, we wanted to ensure that family members were able socially engage while maintaining physical distancing measures.
We look forward to arranging for a virtual meet up with your loved one. Please reach out for specific events planned at each location.
WHAT ARE SOME PRECAUTIONS I SHOULD TAKE?
Be Safe. Be Well.
Farid Damji | Co-Founder & Principal
Optima Living Communities